To ensure you receive your package in time for the holidays, we suggest placing your order by Dec 16th for ground shipping or Dec 18th for expedited. Please visit our policies for more information on shipping cut off times.
As a toy, this is impressive and fun, does its job perfectly, and really shows off the VEX parts well. If you're an "older kid" who wants to dress up your office and contribute to a fun atmosphere, this might be the ticket (make sure you have an outdoor space or longer hallway to show off in though).
As a parts add-on for other HEXBUG (VEX IQ) sets, it's also a good buy, adding several new parts, and nice colors of older parts.
- Great looking crossbow. People will notice this one on your shelf, and enjoy holding it in the hand. It feels like a crossbow, more than a cobble-together of parts.
- Fires reliably, does its job well.
- Extra bands and airplane materials are welcome and contribute to the impression of a solid product.
- As with most HEXBUG VEX instructions, there are errors and the builder needs to focus and build with care.
- Colored airplane is a little misleading, there's a note on the front of the box that you need to color your own airplane, but it's easy to miss.
- Arming the device and keeping it held requires some caution and attention. You'll figure this out quickly. ;-)
- Airplanes fly more like rockets. Don't expect to fling it in the air and get a floating, arcing gentle circular path to the ground. The front loading of the plane means straightforward with some distance, but not so much gliding.