Looking for a heartfelt gift your kids can give mom this Mother’s Day? We’ve got you covered.
Hey, dads, we know picking out a Mother’s Day gift is a struggle, so this one’s for you. Help your kids create mom a thoughtful and personalized gift with our DIY VEX Vase. Follow these 5 easy steps to create a base for the vase. Use your creativity to add in some personalization (don’t worry we have ideas listed for that too).
I’ve never known a mom that doesn’t like thoughtful handmade things from their kids. Making something special and unique for her goes a long way in showing her how much you cherish her for all the hard work she does for the family. When decorating the vase, have your kids think of all the things she loves and try to incorporate them into the design.
You don’t have to limit this DIY to Mother’s Day. This would be an excellent gift for a grandmother or the plant lover in your life or even for your office desk. That’s the beauty of VEX IQ pieces. The possibilities are endless.
- VEX IQ pieces
- 16 oz mason jar
1×2 Beam (4), 2x Wide, 1×2 Corner Connector (4), Small Chassis Corner Connector (4), 0x2 Connector Pins (20).
- Place a Connector Pin into each end hole of the 1×2 Beams leaving the middle hole empty.
- Add a Connector Pin to every hole of the 2x Wide, 1×2 Corner Connectors, and Small Chassis Corner Connectors.
4×8 Plate (8), 1×2 Beam with Connector Pins, (4) Large Chassis Corner Connector (4).
- Lay two 4×8 Plates next to each other. Connect the pieces with a Beam and Connector Pin in the second row. Repeat this step for a total of 4.
- Take two of the sets and add a Large Chassis Corner Connector to the ends.
Sets from Step 2.
- Take the two sets without a Large Chassis Corner Connector and connect each one to the left side of the two sets with a Large Chassis Corner Connector.
4×8 Plate, 2x Wide (2), 1×2 Corner Connector with Connector Pins (4), Small Chassis Corner Connector with Connector Pins (4).
- Take the two remaining 4×8 Plates and lay them next to each other.
- Use two 2x Wide, 1×2 Corner Connectors with the Connector Pins to connect the two Plates.
- Place a Small Chassis Corner Connector with the Connector Pins in each of the four corners
- Add a 2x Wide, 1×2 Corner Connector to the two open sides. Center it between the two Small Chassis Corner Connectors.
- Take the sides from Step 3 and connect them to the base in Step 4.
- Set the mason jar inside the box and fill with flowers.
- We decorated our vase by using colorful Gears, Idler Pins, and Connector Pins to create flowers and stems.
- Write out “Mom” with sheet pins.
- Use her favorite colors to decorate the vase.
- Pick out her favorite flowers to add to vase.
Share your creations with us by tagging @hexbug on social media and let us know what she thinks of her Mother’s Day gift. For more family fun DIYs click here.
Do you have an idea for a DIY? Let us know in the comments!
© 2019 HEXBUG All Rights Reserved