The holidays are in full swing and it’s the perfect time to get creative and make memories with the family. Create an easy DIY sled with the kids and test out your nano and mechanicals to see which ones are best at pulling the sled.
- 5 popsicle sticks
- A marker
- Hot glue gun
- Hot glue stick
- HEXBUG nano
- Cut 3 of the popsicle sticks in half, three of these halves will make the base for your nano to ride on the sled.
- One of the halves will be cut again leaving just the center of the popsicle stick with two flat ends. This will be the plank that houses the sled string.
- Use the marker to add some color to your sled to make it your own! (Don’t forget to color the bottom and sides!)
- Use hot glue to secure the 3 sticks to each other.
- Now glue the 2 whole sticks to each side of the base of the sled. Be sure to glue the plank onto the whole sticks as well.
- Use scissors to cut a piece of string about as long as a popsicle stick, or make the string longer for other mechanicals to pull the sled as well.
- Glue the string underneath the plank.
- Turn it over and you’re done!
Personalize your sled by using different colored markers and unique designs! Share your DIY Sled with us by tagging @hexbug in your pics and using #HEXDIY on social media! For more holiday DIY activities click here