Are you as excited for the World Cup as we are!? With the launch of our newest product Robotic Soccer, we thought we would give a brief history about FIFA and how it started and then show you how you can make other flags to customize your bot!
In 1928 Jules Rimet, The President of the Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA), solidified the terms in which every nation that wished to participate would compete in a FIFA World Championship.
The first ever FIFA World Cup was held in 1930 and was hosted by Uruguay in the newly constructed Estadio Centenario in the capital city of Montevideo. 13 countries participated in the first World Cup.
As a tribute to this special event, we are providing the four flags of the winning teams in first World Cup and then we show you how to attach it to your bot!
In this mini HEXDIY, you will need:
- Robotic Soccer Bot
- Plastic Stirrer, 5 Inches
- Printer Paper (The country flags are located here)
*You can find most of these supplies at your local Target! You can purchase Robotic Soccer here!
- Print out the flags
- Cut out the flags (Please check with parents before using scissors)
- Cut 2 plastic straws in half
- Tape one flag to the top of one half of a coffee straw (Repeat for the remaining three flags)
- insert into the front of Soccer bot (see circle below)
You can do this with any country flag! This allows you to play along with your favorite teams.
What team are you rooting for?