It just may be one of the coldest Christmas seasons yet! As you’re all bundled up under blankets, we at HEXBUG can’t help but ask, have you ever considered bringing winter fun indoors? It may sound a little crazy at first but trust us, it’s a blast! Turn any ordinary Mason jar into a Wahoo Wonderland with this HEXHUB DIY! These homemade snow globes are simple to create and make for a wonderful festive gift. You could even gather the DIY materials in a basket, top it off with a bow and make a DIY gift basket for a friend or loved one! This project should take no more than 45 minutes, great for a holiday party or snowy afternoon!
Before you begin: You may need an adult’s assistance with the hot glue.
- Ball® Set of 12 1 Pint 16 oz. Regular Mouth Canning Jars ($8.69, target.com)
- HEXBUG AquaBot Wahoo – ($4.99, hexbug.com)
- Apple Barrel 2 oz. White Paint – ($0.50, walmart.com)
- Fiskars® Softgrip Scissors, 8 in. Length, Straight, Stainless Steel – ($4.89, target.com)
- Metallic Ultra Fine Glitter Pack – ($5.99, hobbylobby.com)
- 8 oz. White Iridescent Artificial Powder Snow Twinkle Flakes for Christmas Decorating – ($9.98, walmart.com)
- Holiday Time 9-Piece Tree Set Christmas Village – ($6.97, walmart.com)
- Singer High Temp Glue Gun w/10ct Glue Stick – ($4.89, target.com)
- Jesse James Dress It Up Button Super Value Pack – ($3.99, walmart.com)
- Red/Green/Gold/White Gift Bow & Ribbon Kit – Wondershop™ [for optional exterior decoration] – ($4.00, target.com)
STEP 1: Hot glue 3-4 large buttons on the inside of your Mason jar lid. Stack the buttons one on top of another as you go – this will be the base for your tree.
STEP 2: Paint the buttons white, giving them a glacial facelift. Once they’re painted let them dry for 15 minutes.
STEP 3: Hot glue your tree of choice on top of your button pile. Hold firmly for at least 30 seconds to secure in place.
STEP 4: Fill the Mason jar about 1/6th of the way with a combination of glitter and fake snow. Make sure both materials are mixed together well!
STEP 5: Pour water into your Mason jar. Be sure to fill it to the top but do not let your snow globe overfill!
STEP 6: Twist the head of your AquaBot Wahoo and drop it into the wintery waters. Then, tree-side-down screw the lid tightly onto your mason jar.
STEP 7: Shake your newly made snow globe for sparkly seasonal magic and be sure to share your results! Use the hashtag “#HEXDIY” and tag us in your photo on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter!