When Halloween rolls around, it’s all about the “C’s”. Creepiness, Costumes, candy and…creative problem solving? Incorporating brain-empowering elements into your favorite spooky holiday may not seem like an easy task to accomplish, but with the right tools it’s simpler than you’d think. HEXBUG promotes the cohesion of education with fun but remember, it doesn’t have to be obvious! Subtlety goes a long way. The key: Set your child up to ask important thought provoking “why-based” questions. “Why does a nano vibrate?”, “How does an AquaBot Wahoo move through the water?” – every question warrants an answer and an opportunity to teach. Put this methodology into motion with HEX Halloween happenings at home. Use these informal tricks to promote learning with HEXBUG STEM certified treats.
Bobbing in Witches Brew, Apples and Wahoo!
Bobbing for Apples is an age-old Halloween activity where a contestant dunks their head into a tub or large basin filled with water, in hopes of retrieving a floating apple. The catch is – their hands are tied behind their back, making it tremendously entertaining for bystanders to watch. Our HEXBUG twist: add AquaBot Wahoo. These tiny little fish zip and glide past your face and act as the ultimate obstacle in claiming an apple. Modeled after their real-life counterpart the Wahoo fish, the HEXBUG AquaBot Wahoo is incredibly lifelike and bound to amaze children and adults alike!
- Any large tub will do just fine for a bobbing station. Most people could use something they have lying around their house or attic. If not, we suggest the Threshold™ Hammered Metal Oval Beverage Tub ($24.99, target.com)
- Bag of apples (between $3.00 -$5.00 depending on variety and locale, Target)
- HEXBUG AquaBot Wahoo Single ($4.99, hexbug.com)
Redefine the “Treat”
Candy is a staple of Halloween, it’s the reason why we dress up and go door to door on Beggars’ Night. And although we all have a sweet tooth, every single house on the block gives out candy. Try offering something different! Cost-savvy HEXBUG products make the perfect educational goody. Toss a variety of toys in with the sweet stuff and let kids take their pick. Either way, your house is bound to standout!
- HEXBUG nano Zombie Edition ($4.99, hexbug.com)
- AquaBot Wahoo Single ($4.99, hexbug.com)
- nano Nitro Single ($7.99 hexbug.com)
- nano Nitro Glow Single ($9.99, hexbug.com)
Have fun with these HEX Halloween Happenings! Don’t forget to take photos; we want to see your results. Upload to Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Use the hashtag “#HEXDIY” and tag us @HEXBUG.