Bloggers are a key part of the HEXBUG community. Not only do they feature and review our products, they give our fans real life insights as to which products they love and why. Recently we came across “Buggy and Buddy” an educational blog that teaches kids in and outside of the classroom to be creative through learning. Their featured DIY blog post “STEM Challenge for Kids HEXBUG Mazes with Straws” both impressed and excited us. Check out their how-to below and build a custom nano maze of your own!
What You’ll Need:
– Smart & Simple Flexible Drinking Straws – 100 CT ( $1.00, Dollar General)
– Scotch® Masking Tape, .70 in x 54.6 yd ($2.47, Target)
– White Poster board ($1.00, Dollar General)
– Fiskars® 5″ Blunt Tip Scissor ($1.99, Target)
– HEXBUG nano ($4.99, HEXBUG.com)
1. Lay out your poster board on a flat surface.
3. Place your straws down one by one in the intricate pattern of your choosing.
4. Tape each straw down.
5. Turn on your nano’s and watch as they buzz through the maze.
Send us your own creative maze designs and have fun! Be sure to check out the original how-to blog post by “Buggy and Buddy” here.