Greenville, Texas – Sept. 28, 2010 – Innovation First Labs Inc., creator of the popular HEXBUG® Micro Robotic Creatures, today unveiled its rapidly-growing product line-up for the holiday season, including the first glow-in-the-dark HEXBUG Nano, the six- legged remote-controlled electro mechanical marvel that is the HEXBUG Spider, and three diverse and customizable Habitat Sets for HEXBUG Nano architects. The highly- sought after HEXBUG Micro Robotic Creatures, including the HEXBUG Nano and Habitat Sets, are ready to invade major retailers nationwide just in time for the bustling holiday gift-giving season.
Unlike any other toy on the market, HEXBUG combines science and technology with kids’ innate love for bugs, in a way that translates into hours of imaginative and interactive playtime. Parents and kids will fall in love with HEXBUG creatures’ fascinating life-like behavior that brings fun and excitement to robotics. Designed to foster children’s creativity and fuel hours of imaginative playtime, HEXBUG product is set to stock the toy shelves of Walmart, Target, Toys“R”Us, RadioShack and Brookstone stores nationwide.
“When we launched the HEXBUG Nano and Habitat Set less than a year ago, we knew we had a hot product on our hands by the overwhelmingly positive response we received from children, adults, and our trusted retail partners,” said Chris Troyak, president of Innovation First Labs, Inc. “As a result, our engineers have been hard work developing new additions to the highly-coveted line that will arrive just in time for the holiday season.”
New HEXBUG products for October / November 2010 include:
● HEXBUG Spider – This not-so-creepy crawler features 360 degree steering, an LED forward eye, and two-channel, user selectable infrared remote control. The two-channel remote control enables users to operate multiple bugs independently or at the same time. As the largest member of the HEXBUG family, the complexity of its internal mechanisms and six-legged crawling motion is truly hypnotizing! CPSIA approved for children 8 years and up; MSRP: $24.99;
Available this November exclusively at RadioShack stores nationwide or online at www.hexbug.com
● Glow-In-The Dark HEXBUG Nano – The undisputed micro-robotic favorite, HEXBUG Nano, is a tiny 1.75 inch energetic micro robotic bug that uses the physics of vibration to skitter along and explore its environment on smooth surfaces. Now it can come to life during the day or night. There is more to the HEXBUG Nano than meets the eye. Pop the top of a Nano test tube to gain access to the unique code that enables kids and families to register and keep track of their collection at www.handandstars.com online. The website is designed to engage kids with fun facts about real scientists and their discoveries, and to stimulate minds in increasingly difficult levels of game play. CPSIA approved for children 3 years and up; MSRP: $9.99; Available this October exclusively at Brookstone stores nationwide or online at www.hexbug.com.
● Bridge Battle – The HEXBUG Nano Bridge Battle Habitat Set allows kids to create the ultimate battleground for the HEXBUG Nano. HEXBUG Nano owners place their bugs on either side of the elevated arena where they must scurry over an orange bridge, through one-way gates and meet in the center battle platform. HEXBUG Nanos nudge and knock their competitor out of the battle arena until only one bug is left standing and reigned champion. Bridge Battle comes with 29 easy connect pieces and two rare HEXBUG Nanos. CPSIA approved for kids ages 3 and up; MSRP: $39.99; Available this October at Toys“R”Us, RadioShack, Target, Walmart Stores and specialty retailers nationwide or www.hexbug.com.
● Raceway – Ready, Set, Nano! Kids can race their HEXBUG Nanos by constructing their very own customizable Raceway Habitat Set. HEXBUG Nanos test their speed and take off out of the starting gates at a lightning pace in attempt to out-scurry their competition to the finish line, zooming through dangerous divides and tricky turns. Raceway comes with 28 easy connect pieces and 2 rare HEXBUG Nanos. CPSIA approved for kids 3 and up; MSRP: $49.99; Available this October exclusively at Target stores nationwide or www.hexbug.com.
● Elevation – HEXBUG Nano collectors can unleash their creativity as they build and construct the expansive Elevation Habitat Set. Elevation features a multi- level spiral and bridges that can accommodate an entire HEXBUG Nano collection, and enable each Nano bug to stretch its rubber legs as it traverses through the sizable mini-community. The customized track includes one spiral ramp that rises two levels up, offering explorative HEXBUG Nanos the best view in town. Elevation comes with 52 easy connect pieces and 2 rare HEXBUG Nanos. CPSIA approved for kids 3 and up; MSRP: $49.99; Available this October exclusively at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide or www.hexbug.com.
About HEXBUG and Innovation First:
HEXBUG® is a product line developed by Innovation First Inc., and distributed and marketed by Innovation First Labs, Inc., both wholly owned subsidiaries of privately held Innovation First International, Inc. The company was founded on the belief that innovation very early in the design process is necessary to produce simple and elegant product designs. Innovation First began developing electronics for unmanned mobile ground robots and is now an industry leader in research and development for the hobby, competition, education and toy markets.
Innovation First International’s three main subsidiaries, VEX Robotics, Inc., Innovation First Labs, Inc. (makers of HEXBUG® Micro Robotic Creatures), and RackSolutions, Inc. span the education, consumer and business-to-business markets. The VEX® Robotics Design System is the leading platform for middle school and high school education and competitive robotics. Leveraging the company’s core competency in electrical and mechanical engineering, the RackSolutions® division works closely with all major computer OEMs to provide custom mounting solutions and industry-wide rack compatibility for data installations of all sizes.
In the 2009 the company added offices in Hong Kong, mainland China and the United Kingdom to better serve the global marketplace. With an advanced in-house metal fabrication plant, distribution center and corporate office located together in a 13-acre complex in Greenville, Texas, the company is poised to continue on a rapid growth path. Please visit www.innovationfirst.com for additional information.