Welcome to HEXBUG!

Battery Safety Information

Warning

When used correctly, primary batteries provide a safe and dependable source of portable power. However, misuse or abuse may result in leakage, fire, or rupture. To prevent SERIOUS INJURY or DEATH:

  • Always take care to install your batteries correctly observing the “+” and “-” marks on the battery and the device. Batteries that are incorrectly placed into some equipment may be short-circuited, or charged. This can result in a rapid temperature rise causing venting, leakage, rupture and personal injury.
  • Always replace the whole set of batteries at one time, taking care not to mix old and new ones or batteries of different types. When batteries of different brand or type are used together, or new and old batteries are used together, some batteries may be over-discharged due to a difference of voltage or capacity. This can result in venting, leakage, and rupture and may cause personal injury
  • Store unused batteries in their original packaging and away from metal objects. Unpacked batteries could be jumbled or get mixed with metal objects. This can cause battery short-circuiting which may result in venting, leakage and rupture and personal injury; one of the best ways to avoid this happening is to store unused batteries in their original packaging.
  • Remove discharged batteries from equipment promptly to avoid possible damage from leakage. When discharged batteries are kept in the equipment for a long time, electrolyte leakage may occur causing damage to the appliance and/or personal injury.
  • Never dispose of batteries in fire. When batteries are disposed of in fire, the heat build-up may cause rupture and personal injury. Do not incinerate batteries except for approved disposal in a controlled incinerator.
  • Never attempt to recharge primary batteries. Attempting to charge a non-rechargeable (primary) battery may cause internal gas and/or heat generation resulting in venting, leakage, rupture and personal injury
  • Never short circuit batteries as this may lead to high temperatures, leakage, or rupture. When the positive (+) and negative (–) terminals of a battery are in electrical contact with each other, the battery becomes short-circuited. This may result in venting, leakage, rupture and personal injury.
  • Never heat batteries in order to revive them. When a battery is exposed to heat, venting, leakage and rupture may occur and cause personal injury.
  • Remember to switch off devices after use. A battery that has been partially or completely exhausted may be more prone to leak than one that is unused.
  • Never attempt to disassemble, crush, puncture or open batteries. Such abuse may result in venting, leakage, and rupture, and cause personal injury.
  • Keep batteries out of the reach of children, especially those batteries fitting within the limits of the ingestion gauge as shown in Figure 1.
  • If a Button or Coin Cell Battery has been swallowed, seek immediate medical attention at a hospital emergency room; have hospital phone (205) 635-3333. A swallowed Button or Coin Cell Battery can cause internal chemical burns in as little as two hours and lead to death. DO NOT induce vomiting. DO NOT let child eat or drink until an Xray can determine if a battery is present.