HEXBUG is happy to support the Virtual Piggy Hackathon, scheduled to take place in Los Angeles, California on December 7, 2013. If you’re 19 or younger and code, join the Virtual Piggy Hackathon and make the app you’ve always wanted for your chance to win $10,000 and an internship with the company. For more information - http://www.virtualpiggy.com/hackathon
Archive for the ‘Contests/Giveaways’ Category
Calling all artists! We’re super excited to announce the HEXBUG Nano V2 #theycanclimb coloring contest!
In the interest of full disclosure, here’s what happened: We hired an eccentric, internationally-renowned artist (and HEXBUG enthusiast) to create 8 colorful drawings crawling with our gravity-defying Nano V2 bugs. However, our artist received a last-minute, once in a lifetime opportunity, to climb Mount Everest’s Khumbu Icefall that left him unable to color in his original black and white outlines. After several days of scratching our heads and playing with Nano V2s, we came up with a plan to complete the artwork – launch a coloring contest and let the super-talented HEXBUG fans flex their creative muscles!
Participation in the Nano V2 contest is simple: select your favorite outline below, color it, and submit it to the HEXBUG review team. The coloring contest will run from 12:00 A.M. CST on August 19 through 11:59:59 P.M. CST on September 22, 2013. Entries can be submitted via email or regular mail.
Similar to the Nano V2 #theycanclimb video/photo contest, every entrant will receive a $5 promo code off their next purchase on www.HEXBUG.com for submitting a completed coloring page. Limit to one entry per week. To receive your $5 promotional code, simply send us an email, with your drawing attached, to theycanclimb@HEXBUG.com, and we will reply to your email with your code. Or, you can send us your drawing via mail to Innovation First International, Attn: They Can Climb Coloring Contest, 1519 Interstate 30 West, Greenville, Texas 75402. Be sure to include child’s name, age, plus a parent or guardian’s street address, phone number and e-mail address so that winners may be notified.
Every week we will spotlight some of the best submissions on our website www.nanov2.com, which we may also share on our social media channels. There will be two categories of winners – an “under 6 years of age” and a “7-12 years of age” category. At the end of the contest we will announce 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners in each category, who will win the following prizes:
- First Place – A Nano V2 Master Collection (one of every set)
- Second Place – A $50 promo code to HEXBUG.com
- Third Place – A $30 promo code to HEXBUG.com
This contest is open to anyone living in the 50 US states as well as Canada. For more information, official rules, and to download your favorite coloring pages for the Nano V2 #theycanclimb coloring contest, visit http://www.nanov2.com/coloringcontestrules.
WARNING! RETAILERS REPORT WIDE-SPREAD INFESTATION OF NEW HEXBUG NANO V2 BUGS & AQUABOTS – EXTERMINATORS PANIC, KIDS REJOICEThursday, August 15th, 2013
Innovation First International’s newly-launched, vertical climbing HEXBUG Nano V2 and water-born Aquabot invade retail stores nationwide
Innovation First International (IFI) is excited to announce that its two new HEXBUG® micro robotic product lines, sure to be top toys on every kids wish list this holiday season, are now available at specialty and mass retailers nationwide, including Walmart®, Target®, Toys“R”Us® and RadioShack®, among others. HEXBUG Nano V2 and Aquabot products are designed to unlock kids’ creative potential and reinforce learning through insanely fun, imaginative playtime.
“Innovating tech toys is in our DNA. We’re always pushing the boundaries of our products in order to deliver out-of-the-ordinary, dynamic play experiences, “said Tony Norman, president and chief executive officer of Innovation First International. “With the debut of Nano V2 and Aquabot, our customers can now engage with our toys in ways they only dreamed of before – defying gravity through vertical ascents and plunging into water.”
August also marked the launch of the company’s “They Can Climb” integrated marketing campaign, playing off the hit feature of Nano V2, with a mix of TV advertising across all children’s television networks, a series of consumer generated online and social media contests, as well as an experiential marketing integration event that it hosted at the X Games® X Fest Los Angeles. For more information on the #theycanclimb contests, and to see photos, videos and highlights from past events visit www.nanov2.com. IFI’s comprehensive fall 2013 TV public relations and advertising schedule will also include the Aquabot as well as some of the most popular mechanical HEXBUG Micro Robotic Creatures.
HEXBUG NANO V2 and AQUABOT at a glance:
- HEXBUG Nano V2 – The Nano V2 is a brand new breed of gravity-defying HEXBUG Nanos and construction play sets, that will leave kids and parents shouting, “They Can Climb!” in total astonishment. These bugs can now climb up vertically, as high as the Nano V2 tubes are built, to the tip top of any Habitat Set. Kids can build their set up anyway they want, making each build session different, increasing repeat play. In addition to climbing up, Nano V2 bugs can also explore a set by climbing through tubes horizontally, upside down on their backs, around corners and through loops! The quick little critters are also capable of passing another bug in a single tube to avoid a traffic jam!
- HEXBUG AQUABOT – The Aquabot is the first water-born HEXBUG micro robotic creature with smart fish technology! Powered by electro-magnetic propulsion, this robotic toy swims just like a real fish, diving down and around to explore its environment. The colorful Aquabot offers kids the fun experience of having a pet fish, without all the messy clean-up. The Aquabot is equipped with an automatic on and off sensor that activates when submerged in water, a design element meant to get kids thinking about the science behind the robot. When in water, the colorful HEXBUG Aquabot comes to life swimming around, diving and changing directions to explore its environment. Available in two body styles and ten translucent colors.
About HEXBUG and Innovation First:
HEXBUG® is a product line developed, distributed, and marketed by Innovation First Labs, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of privately held Innovation First International, Inc. The company was founded on the belief that innovation very early in the design process is necessary to produce simple and elegant product designs. Innovation First began developing electronics for unmanned mobile ground robots and is now an industry leader in research and development for the hobby, competition, education and toy markets.